Parent Involvement Policy
Langston Chapel Middle School encourages parent involvement. Please review the LCMS Parent Involvement Policy. The policy establishes the school’s expectations for parental involvement and describes how the school will implement a number of specific parental involvement activities.
PTO - Parent Teacher Organization
LCMS encourages parents to join the PTO. PTO is a great way to get involved in your child's education. Membership is free and it gives parents an opportunity to make a difference at LCMS!
See the PTO page for details.
Role of the Parent Liaison
Each school has a Parent Liaison who helps bridge the gap between home and school by assisting parents in understanding ways they can help their children with academics. Please review the resources provided and contact the LCMS Parent Liaison if you have any questions.
What Parents Can Do
Parents can proceed in both direct and indirect ways to influence their children's progress. Guardians can become directly involved in their children's education by:
- Overseeing the child's homework time;
- Setting a time each day for homework to be done, and checking the child's work for completeness and understanding;
- Supervising time spent with friends and watching television;
- Taking advantage of opportunities to become involved with school administration and policy development-- for example, attend school board meetings and joining the PTA;
- Volunteering to help in the media center, the school cafeteria, or other parts of the school;
- Helping with fundraising events;
- Chaperoning events and field trips.